Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh, the adventure begins!!


Well, I got a call this week from a friend that she and her husband were just pulling into the harbor. They had been out fishing all day on their boat and had a bunch of silver salmon and wanted to know if we wanted some. OF COURSE!!! I said! I met her at the harbor and they gave us 4 huge silvers! If the fish are this big in the ocean, they are going to be monsters when they start up the rivers! Yeah!!

I have spent the last 2 days smoking and canning all this fish. It has been quite an adventure. Oh, but it is soooo yummy! And I even have the kids liking it now! Major bonus!!!

Ken went fishing with his Young Men on Wednesday and boy were they cold! It was so windy and rainy. Ken caught a fish while he was out there so at least they got something. It is supposed to be nice this weekend and we are planning on going fishing down the island a ways. They have raised the limit to 12 fish a day down at a place called Pashagshak and people are catching their limit each day! I think we are going to need a bigger freezer and a lot more Mason jars! But we are not complaining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yummmyyyyyy those look good!!! Did ya have a good b-day????

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ken Sledding

Ken Sledding
Howdy from Kodiak! We love ya!!!