
Cole and I got a wild hair today and decided to try a recipe that we had gotten for fireweed honey. The purple blossoms that you see in the photo are from the fireweed. We had to pick off a whole bunch of the blossoms from the weeds and then we made honey with them.

I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing turning out okay and tasting good, but we did it and it is delicious! Cole was so excited and so was I. This is a wild and adventurous life that we live here in Alaska with many things that I would have never done before, and this ranks right up there with them! But we love it!!!!!
1 comment:
Nancy,
I just wanted to write to let you know how much I enjoy reading all about your family and all your wonderful adventures in Alaska. I read your blog and then share the information with mom (Kenna's Aunt Norma). We have been to Alaska a few times and thought it was beautiful. Bob's sister lives in Anchorage and they have cabins in other areas. We have seen the fireweeds but had never heard of making honey! You are a special mom to make such wonderful memories with your family. Keep up the great blog, I will check back often. Say hello to Ken for me.
Kenna's cousin Karen
Post a Comment