Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beautiful Day at the Beach!

These are the days we live for here in Kodiak!! It was soooo beautiful today that we just couldn't help it and found ourselves at the beach! It was 70 degrees and sunny. We couldn't have asked for more. Dylan showed up in his swimming suit and the girls just pulled up their pant legs and didn't care about getting all wet. By the end Colton had rolled up his pant legs and joined in. Don't get me wrong, the water was still cold, but it didn't phase anyone! And we weren't the only family at the beach swimming today! :)
This is the girls before they decided to join Dylan in the ocean swim. You can see Dylan in the background. He climbed up and jumped in over his head the first jump! Talk about a shock to the system! Didn't phase him though!
Cole and Dylan playing in the water. When we first got to the beach, it was high tide and all the rocks that the boys are standing on were completely covered. As the tide went out, they started climbing on all the rocks looking for sea creatures and shells, etc.

I caught Ken and Cole off exploring up the beach and got this picture of them sitting by an old tree root. My good looking boys!


Colton was brave and climbed out on the rocks above the water in his clothes. I was just waiting for him to fall in and get all his clothes wet, but he did good and didn't fall in. But I got this fun picture of him on the rocks with the ocean in the background. I thought it turned out pretty cool!


We had sooo much fun today and are so excited for summer to be here and we can have more days with sun and beaches! It has been rainy and cloudy the past little while so we are just soaking in all the Vitamin D that we can. Oh, we love it here!!!




2 comments:

provobaileys said...

I need to be more grateful for the weather. If it is 70 I think that I need to keep the kids inside because "it is too cold." But then when it is above 89 I won't let them go out because it is "too Hot" so on the rare day that it is between 72 and 88 my kids get to play outside. I need to get over myself and let them experience more. Like the beach in Alaska at 70 degrees. The water must have been freezing. But it does look like a lot of fun

Morrison Monkeys said...

Yes, the water was freezing!! I only put my toes in and it was cold! But all the kids were soaking wet by the time we left (they had to ride in the back of the truck on the ride home!). They were all shivering but they had fun and want to go back soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ken Sledding

Ken Sledding
Howdy from Kodiak! We love ya!!!