Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The day after.....

You know that there has been enough snow for one day when Quincy can walk onto the top of the Suburban with no help.
Here is the house buried in snow. Notice the upper windows are almost covered in snow and the front porch is the same level as the snow. Not going to need the stairs to get off the porch.
Neighbor kids dug out around the porch and slid down under for a fort.


All the neighborhood kids hanging out at our house. Yeah, we are the stompin' grounds for them all. Now if only they would come with shovels! :)

This has been the largest amount of snowfall for Kodiak in one day! It is INSANE!! I have discovered that I really don't like shoveling snow. It was even too deep for the snowblower, so we had to shovel before we could use the snowblower. I think we may retire in Hawaii, it seems to not do this there! LOL!!




6 comments:

The Flowers Bunch said...

That is just crazy. It will be a fun memory once your sore "shoveling-arms" are feeling better. We are off to Wenatchee this morning and they are expecting snow in the pass, but hopefully not that much!!!

jayne said...

Hi. I went to high school with Ken---actually I think we were in most of the same classes. I found your blog through Holly (Opheiken) Smiths. You have a great family! What does Ken do at the hospital? You sound like an awesome wife and mother. I'm so happy for Ken that he found you!

Gloria said...

Hi ken, Or Elder Morrison remember us Mike and Gloria Downs from good ole Haines City Florida? It's been along time, How are you doing? You have a awsome family. We moved to Dundee it was getting kinda rough in Haines City. Hope to hear from you soon. I just started a blog not much on it it is downsfamily.blogspot.com. Not very good at this blogging yet.

Emma Hox said...

Oh my, I can't believe all that snow!

SJacobus said...

Yeah, it looks like that global warming is really taking it's toll on you guys;)

Matt said...

That totally reminds me of Rexburg growing up. It doesn't seem to do that here anymore.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ken Sledding

Ken Sledding
Howdy from Kodiak! We love ya!!!