Thursday, May 22, 2008

We have moved in!!!






Well, we have moved in and are finally getting settled in. We are sure loving it! I am adding on some pics of the home and kids. These were taken while we were moving in.I will try to get a video of the home on here, then you can piece it all together and see it all. One pic is Cole climbing the rock wall that was left for us. Ken is taking it down and we are going to divide it between the 2 kids' rooms so they each have one to climb on. This was in the bonus room above the garage that Ken is going to turn into a theater/ game room.

I am still trying to adjust to life with lots of neighbor kids. I always have at least 2 extra kids running around the house after school if not more. But our kids are loving it. There are kids the same ages as ours on all sides of our home and up and down the street. I am adding a picture of the kids on our bouy swings. They are in almost every yard that has kids living in the home. People use them for swings as opposed to anything else because they are so readily available with all the boats around. The previous owners of the home were nice enought to leave their 3 bouy swings for our kids. They love going out and swinging on them.

We now have more than enough room for visitors to come and experience Kodiak!!! This weekend is Crab Festival. A HUGE event in Kodiak. We are excited to go. This year is the 50th anniversary of the Festival. We will get pics and let you know how it is.

I am adding on a pic of our nightmarish backyard and if anyone has any brilliant ideas on what to do with this mess, please let us know!!! We own another 20+ feet on top of the hill that has our garden and green house there. But we need to do something with the steep drop off and the access to the top.

We are all doing well and are excited for school to be out this week so we can enjoy these long summer days. I was sitting in our living room last night at a little after 11pm reading a book by the sunlight STILL coming through the living room window. No lamp needed. So weird!!!!! But I must admit I have enjoyed it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH how cool!!!! Looks like so much fun!!!!! I love the orange!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Ken Sledding

Ken Sledding
Howdy from Kodiak! We love ya!!!